FASSCO will ensure that in its operations does not place local communities at risk and conduct all activities in an environmentally sustainable and responsible manner.
This commitment means:
- Compliance with regional and national environment legislation, relevant industry standards and other requirements which FASSCO has subscribed;
- Ensuring that all systems of work are developed with consideration of the environment and our impact for prevention of pollution;
- Regularly consulting with local and regional partners to improve our environmental strategies;
- Investigating environmental incidents to prevent re-occurrence;
- Conducting environmental risk assessments prior to the commencement of any new project or work activity;
- Actively communicating our environmental policy and strategies to staff and management;
- The responsible use of natural resources; and
- Continual improvement in environmental management and environmental performance by setting and reviewing objectives periodically.